I’ll ask ya—what do you know about Alaska? Get to know one of the more remote states and find out why it’s not as inaccessible as you might think. From the abundance of wildlife to the glory of the northern lights, this fascinating edition of FACES Magazine introduces you to an often cold but crazy-cool locale.
Polar bears and totem poles, volcanoes and glaciers—there’s so much to cover in Alaska, and you can find it all in this issue of FACES Magazine. Meet the people who care for sled dogs and try some of the Alaskan treats such as Akutaq: seal fat, snow, and wild berries create a cool and hearty whipped treat. There is also a fun crossword puzzle and a play to keep your kids engaged and involved.
Enjoy features including:
· Welcome to Alaska: The Last Frontier by Marcia Amidon Lusted
· Climate Change in the Arctic by Pat Betteley
· Alaskan Eats & Treats by Jennifer Buchet
· Tommy Joseph: Master Carver by Gail Skroback Hennessey
· Alaska by Water by Michelle Ulrich
· Alone Together on the Tundra by Kate Moening
· Nature’s Majesty by Barbara Mazarakos
· The Woman and Her Bear retold by Pat Bettele
Regular features of FACES Magazine include High Five, At a Glance, Critter Corner, Where in the World, A Closer Look, Your Turn, Dear Kylie, Art Connection, Say What?, One Last Face, Contest, and a crossword puzzle.