What the shell? They make pretty jewelry, interesting instruments, and homes to all sorts of creatures. This edition of ASK Magazine focuses on shells, and all the life that lives within them, as well as all the fantastic things you can do with the shells you find.
Explore how pearls are created, follow hermit crabs from shell-to-shell, and see how turtles have evolved (or not) over 200 million years. And it’s not just sea shells you’ll study by the sea shore – snails have shells too. Your kids (and you) will learn about mollusks, echinoderms, and more with sensational stories, awesome articles, and cool cartoons.
Enjoy features including:
· Secrets of the Shells by Abha Jain
· Perfect Pearls by Rachel Young
· Home Sweet Shell by Tracy Vonder Brink
· On the Back of a Turtle by Maria Hlohowskyj
· How the Squid Lost Its Shell by Archie Teuthis
· Why Do Birds Eat Snails? by Melissa L. Weber
Regular features of ASK Magazine include Nosy News, Nestor’s Dock, Bot’s Mighty Math, Ask Ask, Contest and Letters, and Marvin and Friends.