Front Cover by Robert Meganck
Pirates, parrots, and pools all make an appearance in this jam-packed edition of SPIDER Magazine. And if that’s not enough, pop in for the features on bubbles – from blowing gum bubbles to bubble-blowing beasts.
September 19 is “Talk Like a Pirate Day” and this edition of SPIDER Magazine will have you arrrrr ready to go. Learn about scalawags, buccaneers, and landlubbers—and how to use those words in a sentence with a fun story that celebrates this fun “holiday.” Plus hide your booty because you’ll meet some real-life pirate birds who may fly into your life. Learn how to make spooky spider soap and a delicious Caribbean salad, occupy yourself with making an octopus, and don’t miss the exciting adventures of Captain Raisinfingers.
Enjoy features including:
· Pam’s Parrot by Sholto Walke
· Doodlebug & Dandelion by Pamela Dell
· Spooky, Spidery Soaps by Anne Renaud
· Bubblegum Blues by Shanah Salter
· Bubble-Blowing Beasts by Stacey Lane
· The 19th Arrgh September by McCourt S. Thomas
· Scooper-Upper by Neal Levin
· Bird Pirates Strike Again! by Amber J. Keyser
· Captain’s Caribbean Salad by Julienne Marlaire
· The Tale of Captain Raisinfingers by Christyne Morrell
· No Swimming in the Pool by Kathleen Kull Urban
Regular features of SPIDER Magazine include Spider’s Corner, Spider’s Mailbox, Ophelia’s Last Word, Bug Adventure, Buggy Bulletin, The Fun Zone, Mind-Buggler, and Spider and the Gang.