SPIDER May-June 2020
Front Cover by Mark Rogalski
This mind-bending edition of SPIDER Magazine takes you and your children to the future, to the past, out to space, and beyond. It’s everything you love about good sci-fi stories in one, accessible, and fun magazine.
Earth has lots and lots of rocks, but as you’ll discover in this SPIDER Magazine, some of them are not native to our planet! These alien formations are parts of meteoroids. They often start out much bigger and as they hurl through space they break up into pieces—and some of those pieces land on Earth. Dig into some of the recent space rocks we’ve found, how we study them, and what they can tell us about other worlds. Then join David as he spends his birthday in space, enjoy a loopy poem that travels to the future, and reading a moving story that looks at the past.
Enjoy features including:
- Mesozoic Mustard by Brian Michael Weaver
- Doodlebug & Dandelion by Pamela Dell9
- For the Birds!
- Cosmic Mudballs from Space! by Ada Roman
- Galactic Soup by Julie Douglas
- 16 Candles in Space by Pamela Love
- Bug Adventure by Michael Chesworth
- Extra Special Extraterrestrial by Stacey Lane
- The Time Loop by Jesse Decker
- The Memorial Day Mission by Debbie A. Taylor
- Summer’s Way by Sherri Stockdale
- Perfect Popcorn Cake
Regular features include Doodlebug & Dandelion, Fabulous Facts, Spider’s Corner, Spider’s
Mailbox, Ophelia’s Last Word, Bug Adventure, Buggy Bulletin, The Fun Zone, Mind-Buggler, and
Spider and the Gang.