SPIDER March 2019
Front cover art by Brad Sneed
The luck o’ the Irish must be with you in this edition of SPIDER Magazine, which looks at Leprechauns, celebrates Celts, and goes green for March—the month of Saint Patrick’s Day!
Starting with a traditional Irish folk tale, SPIDER focuses on all the aspects of St. Patty’s Day that we celebrate. Try your hand at making a Celtic charm for your backpack or bake some tasty Shamrock Pretzel Pops. Speaking of good taste, SPIDER also lets you take a fun quiz to see what kind of eater you are, look at the history of pizza, and see what the differences are between American and French foods, as well as play a French-English word matching game!
Enjoy features including:
- The Leprechauns’ Biggest Myths by Leo Trindad
- Wishing Fish by Charlotte Gunnufson
- The Giant’s Wife by Laura Helweg
- Celtic Charm by Jennifer O’Reilly
- Eating Green by Teresa Bateman
- The Cupcake by Laura Sassi
- What Type of Eater Are You? by Pascale Duguay
- Pizza’s Past by Devorah Gurwitz
- No Peanut Butter in France by Joan Straus
Regular features include Doodlebug & Dandelion, Fabulous Facts, Spider’s Corner, Spider’s Mailbox, Ophelia’s Last Word, Bug Adventure, Buggy Bulletin, The Fun Zone, Mind-Buggler, and Spider and the Gang.