Front Cover by Nathan Hale
Sweets, secrets, and sundials are just a few of the special subjects in this edition of SPIDER Magazine.
Learn how the Spartans created secret codes (wayyyyy before computers existed) and learn how to make your own scytale so you can send cryptic notes, too. Enjoy a fabulous folktale, a perfect poem for those of us who never feel like we have enough time and create your own clock by making a sundial. Or skip to the sweet stuff and read all about donuts and jellybeans!
Enjoy features including:
· Hats Off to Doughnuts by Jesse Graber
· Secret Message Scytales by Angela Ackerman
· Letters from Leo by Sheila Kelly Welch
· Meltdown at the Doughnut Factory by Phill Provance
· One Week Wonder by Rebecca van den Ham
· Golden Crested Crane by Kimberly Long Cockroft
· Telling Time by Jesse Anna Bornemann
· Sundial by Ron W. King
· Wordles by Cora Lynn Deibler
· Extreme Jellybean Cuisine
Regular features of SPIDER Magazine include: Spider’s Corner, Spider’s Mailbox, Ophelia’s Last Word, Bug Adventure, Buggy Bulletin, The Fun Zone, Mind-Buggler, and Spider and the Gang.