SPIDER July-August 2019
Front cover art by Susan Eaddy
Cool off this summer as July’s issue of SPIDER Magazine takes you to the beach! And while you’re there, examine sand dollars, go deep sea diving, make a treasure hunt in a bottle, and follow along with a hermit crab who is looking for a move.
You can’t buy anything with them, but sand dollars are fun to find and collect. But have you ever wondered what a sand dollar actually is? Or been curious about what you might find on the bottom of the sea? Or wondered how hermit crabs make empty shells into their home? SPIDER Magazine is here to help. Get those answers and more, including a hands-on beach game you can cut out and play with your friend!
Enjoy features including:
- King Crab by Neil Numberman
- Reading Buddies by George Shannon
- Hermia’s Shell by Bish Denham
- Hmm . . .by Kristen Kirwan Browning
- Digging for Dollars by Natalie Zaman
- Deep-Sea Diving by Maggie Moran
- Dragon Fruit Ice Pops by Shannon Hall
- Pea’s Standby Scott R. Smith
Regular features include Doodlebug & Dandelion, Fabulous Facts, Spider’s Corner, Spider’s Mailbox, Ophelia’s Last Word, Bug Adventure, Buggy Bulletin, The Fun Zone, Mind-Buggler, and Spider and the Gang.