Front Cover by Christine Joy Pratt
From the jerboas and sand cats to Roscoe the Dog and Tiger the Cat, and including hippopotamuses and camels, this edition of SPIDER Magazine brings the best animals to your door, without having to worry about cleaning up after them.
Get to know the greatest rhino and meet some of the unusual creatures of Guinea, West Africa. See how domestic cats and dogs can work together to save the day – it’s a fictional story! – and hang out with a hippopotamus. But wait, there’s more. See how camels became “ships of the desert” to establish trade routes in the middle east, get a guide to the camel anatomy, play a camel game, and solve a camel maze. Welcome to CAMEL-LOT
Enjoy features including:
- Rhinose by Fanny Rafferty
- Doodlebug & Dandelion by Pamela Dell
- Sweet Plantains by Emily Mora
- Mansa Musa’s Golden Journey by Jennifer Stephan
- AE I O U by Leslie Leibhardt Goodman
- Mansa Musa’s Wisdom by Robert Walton
- Fabulous Facts: Jumping Jerboas and Slinking Sand Cats by Hayley Kim
- Camel by Suzanne M. Rhinehart
- Who Saved the Day? by Marilyn Helmer
- A Nosy Hippopotamus by Neal Levin
- Hilarious Hippopotamus
Regular features of SPIDER Magazine include: Spider’s Corner, Spider’s Mailbox, Ophelia’s Last Word, Bug Adventure, Buggy Bulletin, The Fun Zone, Mind-Buggler, and Spider and the Gang.