MUSE Magazine isn’t going anywhere, but you’ll want to grab this edition all about things that are facing extinction. From plants to animals to words, we are losing important parts of our world every day and this edition of MUSE shines a light on what we lost and what we face losing soon.
Earth has around 8.7 million different species of animals, plants, fungi, and single-celled organisms—and almost 30 percent of them are threatened with extinction. This illuminating edition of MUSE introduces you to wildlife on the endangered list, provides helpful tips so you can aid in the endeavor to help conserve and protect these species, and provides uplifting stories of how breeds have been on the brink of extinction and managed to come back, survive, and even thrive.
Enjoy features including:
· The Short, Sad Story of Steller’s Sea Cow by Karen de Foy
· Sequoias’ Last Stand by Jonathan Shipley
· The Case of the Disappearing Words by Alice Andre-Clark
· Hope on the Great Barrier Reef by Rachel Kehoe
· Slow and Steady in the Galapagos Islands by Elizabeth Tracy
· The Sixth Mass Extinction by Charles C. Hofer
Regular features include Parallel U, Muse Mail, Muse News, Hands-on, Photo Op, Science @ Work, Q&A, Do the Math, Your Tech, Contest, and Last Slice.