You may know of Sweden due to their delicious candy fish, but this edition of FACES Magazine introduces you to the Land of the Midnight Sun and you’ll discover it is a fascinating nation full of surprises.
Often, we assume Sweden is full of ice and snow, but it is a land full of lakes and forests where people hike, fish, canoe, and camp year-round. In fact, they have an entire hotel made of ice! This illuminating edition of FACES Magazine introduces you to the people, customs, sports, animals, language, foods, history, and culture of Northern Europe’s largest country. You’ll also see how Sweden setting the bar for waste management. The rest of the world could learn something from Sweden. You sure will!
Enjoy features including:
· Welcome to Sweden by Ann Stalcup
· Kan Jag Lära Mig Svenska? Can I Learn Swedish? by Emilie Ostrander
· Black Days & White Nights by Karyn Sandström
· Sweden’s Waste-free Future by Rachel Kehoe
· The Ice Hotel of Sweden by Gail Skroback Hennessey
· The Vasa by Ruth Rodgers
· Celebrating with Candles: St. Lucia’s Day by Ann Stalcup
· What Shall Baby’s Name Be? retold by Pat Bette
Regular features of FACES Magazine include High Five, At a Glance, Critter Corner, Where in the World, A Closer Look, Your Turn, Dear Kylie, Art Connection, Say What?, One Last Face, Contest, and a crossword puzzle.