Most people know Mount Everest—the highest peak in the world. But how much do you know about the country that surrounds it. Get to know Nepal!
From sekuwa to Sherpas, yeti to yaks, and punjabis to Pasang Lhamu—FACES Magazine takes you all over Nepal to introduce you to the people, animals, foods, religion, landscape, and more. You and your children will enjoy a colorful tour of the picturesque landscapes and cities with vivid, rich photos, as well as meet some native animals and and participate in traditional celebrations. Complete with stories and fun facts—like, did you know that Nepal could be the first country to run completely on renewable energy sources—this fascinating edition gives you a view into a world you probably know little about.
Enjoy features including:
- Welcome to Nepal by R. Anthony Kugler
- Lumbini: Birthplace of the Buddha by Christine Graf
- Historic Nepal: The Future of Energy? By Kayla Stansbury
- Momo, Yak and Dal Bhat—Mmmm, How About That? By Jennifer Buchet
- People of the East by Christine Graf
- The Search for the Yeti by Christine Graf
- Yak Girl by Barbra Cohn
- What to Wear in Kathmandu by Patricia Hughes
- The Evergreen and the Rhododendron - A Play Based on a Nepalese Folktale retold by Virginia Shumacher
Regular features include High Five, At a Glance, Critter Corner, Where in the World, A Closer Look, Your Turn, Dear Kylie, Art Connection, Say What?, One Last Face, Contest, and a crossword puzzle.