Here’s a “peak” at our latest FACES Magazine, focused on mountains around the world. Take an in-depth look at the mountains you can climb, mountains you can’t, mountains that don’t exist anymore, volcanos, the makeup of a mountain, and even the creatures who make mountains their homes.
Most people will probably never have a chance to climb some of the most famous mountains in the world, but with this edition of FACES Magazine, you can feel like you’ve been there. You’ll discover how many of our mountains came to be, how a volcano works, and—most important—you’ll learn how to yodel! With lavish photos that transport you to the locations, plus poems, puzzles, and a play, your kids (and you) will love learning about the mountains of the world.
Enjoy features including:
- Ghost Mountains, Volcanoes, and Hot Spots in Antarctica by Pat Betteley
- Cleaning Up the World’s Tallest Mountain by Christine Graf
- Big Bangs: Volcanoes Through the Ages by Pat Betteley
- Yodel-Ay-Hee-Whooo! by Marcia Amidon Lusted
- The Making of a Mountain by Christine Graf
- In the Blue Mountains of Patagonia by Ekaterina Golovina
- The Grand Mountain by Marcia Amidon Lusted
- Trollstigen: A Scene Straight Out of a Folktale by Todd Tuell
- Why Mount Etna Breathe Fire by Pat Betteley
Regular features include High Five, At a Glance, Critter Corner, Where in the World, A Closer Look, Your Turn, Dear Kylie, Art Connection, Say What?, One Last Face, Contest, and a crossword puzzle.