Life in Lagos, Nigeria
Lagos, Nigeria is one of the biggest cities in the world, so it only makes sense you and your kids should explore the people, language, customs, and wildlife. This edition of FACES Magazine delivers all that and more right to your door.
From having the highest rate of fraternal twin babies in the world to Senegal bushbaby—a cuddly primate that lives in the trees, you will leave no stone of Lagos unturned. You and your children will learn to speak Pidgin, wander through the floating city, and get star-struck with Nollywood, where one million Nigerians make movies. Don’t forget to delve into the history of Lagos, which is just as fascinating as the modern city.
Enjoy features including:
- Lagos: A City of Opportunity by Christine Graf
- Speak Code: Talk in Pidgin! by Jocelyn Ferrer
- The Floating City by Christine Graf
- Dambe Boxing, Lagos, Nigeria by Namrata Agarwal
- Welcome to Nollywood by Christine Graf
- Preserving Ancient Mysteries at the Nigerian National Museum by Sonja Cole
- Meet Oluwakayode by Amori Adebisi
- Ibeji Means Twins by Crystal Kupper
- Eshu, The Trickster God by Moyo Okediji
Regular features include High Five, At a Glance, Critter Corner, Where in the World, A Closer Look, Your Turn, Dear Kylie, Art Connection, Say What?, One Last Face, Contest, and a crossword puzzle.