Brazil is home to both the biggest rainforest and the biggest party on earth—and in this vibrant version of FACES Magazine, you’ll learn all about them, and so much more.
Although located in South America, Brazilians speak Portuguese. Full of wonderful wildlife, colorful customs, and a colossal Christ, you can spend weeks in Brazil and still not experience everything it has to offer. Luckily, FACES is here to provide some of the best parts, including the fascinating foods, amazing Amazon, and crazy days of Carnival .Through in-depth articles and gorgeous photographs, you’ll get to know Pele, one of the world’s greatest soccer player, the 275 separate falls in Iguazu Falls, and learn why you should bring a white flag with you when you go out to eat rodizio. Desfrutar!
Enjoy features including:
- Welcome to Brazil by Marcia Amidon Lusted
- A Tasty Melting Pot by Grace Tondino-Gonguet
- Iguazu Falls by Gail Skroback Hennessey
- Pelé’s Beautiful Game by Rachel Kehoe
- Carnival The Biggest Brazilian Celebration by Katia Barber
- Amazon in Peril by Christine Graf
- Outstretched Arms Christ the Redeemer by Marcia Amidon Lusted
- The Dancing Turtle by Pat Betteley
Regular features include High Five, At a Glance, Critter Corner, Where in the World, A Closer Look, Your Turn, Dear Kylie, Art Connection, Say What?, One Last Face, Contest, and a crossword puzzle.