People of Canada
Oh Canada! Our neighbor to the north is both very similar and extremely different to the United States. This exciting edition of FACES Magazine takes an in-depth look at Canada, from the languages they speak—English and French mostly, to the food they eat—poutine: a dish of French fries with cheese and gravy (??), to the sports they play.
We share a boarder with Canada, yet Canadians have a history, traditions, language, currency, and society that is in many ways completely different than our own. Get to know this great nation to the north as you explore the animals, the culture, the geography, the people, and more. FACES Magazine covers Canada from coast to coast with gorgeous photographs, games, historical accounts, folktales, and articles. Get to know Canada’s animals and art, cuisine and culture, immigrants and indigenous peoples, and more.
Enjoy features including:
- Welcome Home to Canada by Rebecca Szulhan
- A Dark Chapter in History by Christine Graf
- Crossing the Border to Freedom by Christine Graf
- Busking through Canada by Jane Scherer
- The Calgary Stampede: A Peek into the Past by Todd Tuell
- Eat Like a Canadian by Marcia Amidon Lusted
- Somali Canadians of Toronto by Emily Floess
- Story of the Moccasin Flower: An Ojibwe Legend retold by Mary Morton Cowan
Regular features include High Five, At a Glance, Critter Corner, Where in the World, A Closer Look, Your Turn, Dear Kylie, Art Connection, Say What?, One Last Face, Contest, and a crossword puzzle.