OUR COLORFUL WORLD
Thank goodness things are not just black and white, but most of us have no idea just how colorful the world around us can be. FACES Magazine takes kids around the world to see some of the most stunning, vibrant, and colorful locations, celebrations, sights, animals, and objects.
From the pink hues of Lake Hillier in Australia to the painted powders that mark the Indian holiday Holi, this edition of FACES Magazine takes an illuminating look at colors through the ages. Spin the color wheel and learn how our color schemes work, understand how color can set and affect a mood, and discover why we use colors to express feelings. Kids can trace the history of a staple of their lives: crayons—as well as learn how to make their own. And a real treat for the eyes, this edition of FACES introduces you to some of the most amazing and colorful locations and animals on the planet.
Enjoy features including:
- A World of Color by Marcia Amidon Lusted
- Coloring the World of the Ancients by Christine Graf
- Gender Colors Through the Ages by Christine Graf
- Your Colorful Dye-It—Creating All-Natural Food Dyes by Jennifer Buchet
- The Colorful World of Crayons by Jennifer Buchet
- Biome, Sweet Biome: All the Colors of Home by Pat Betteley
- Coloring Our World with Words by Marcia Amidon Lusted
- The Northern and Southern Lights: The Greatest Light Show on Earth by Pat Betteley
- Brightening the Holidays with Color by Christine Graf
- Why Leaves Have Many Colors in Autumn -- A Play Based on a Wyandot Legend retold by Pat Betteley
Regular features include High Five, At a Glance, Critter Corner, Where in the World, A Closer Look, Your Turn, Dear Kylie, Art Connection, Say What?, One Last Face, Contest, and a crossword puzzle.