Denmark: Land of Fairy Tales
Colorful and cheerful, there’s no mistaking the picturesque images and smiling faces of Denmark! Get to know this fascinating land through the language, the locations, the lore—and the Legos!—with this edition of FACES Magazine.
From little Legos to titan trolls, there is so much to discover in Denmark and this edition of FACES Magazine takes you cavorting around the country! As you and your kids meet Danes, ride bikes around Copenhagen, learn the language (which is not too far off English), try the foods (similar to our own), hear the stories (which may sound familiar), explore the amusement parks (which influenced our own), and more, you’ll realize how close we are to the Danish people, but you and your children will understand why the people of Denmark are considered among the happiest in the world.
Enjoy features including:
- Welcome to Denmark by R. Anthony Kugler
- A Dane’s Best Friend by Marcia Amidon Lusted
- Speaking Danish by Catherine Üler
- Runic Jelling Stones of Denmark by Gail Skroback Hennessey
- Danish Fast Food by Jeanne Conte
- The Original Land ofLegos by Marcia Amidon Lusted
- The Little Mermaid: Copenhagen’s Goodwill Ambassador by Ellen Seiden
- Trolling for Trolls by Gail Skroback Hennessey
- The Ugly Duckling retold by Pat Betteley
Regular features include High Five, At a Glance, Critter Corner, Where in the World, A Closer Look, Your Turn, Dear Kylie, Art Connection, Say What?, One Last Face, Contest, and a crossword puzzle.