Kids Changing the World
Who runs the world? Kids do! In this inspiring edition of FACES Magazine, you’ll meet children who are changing the world, and making it a better place for everyone.
Whether they are organizing to take a stand against unfair practices or raising money to help alleviate hunger, kids are at the forefront of creating change. After looking at the accomplishments of some young achievers that kids may already be familiar with, get introduced to a number of children who are taking up a cause near and dear to their hearts. Some of these programs are aimed at issues your family may deal with yourself, such as bullying. Other programs deal with issues around the world that your family may not know about, such as the fact that 12 million underage girls are forced into arranged marriages each year. No matter what stand these kids are taking, reading their stories may be moving enough to get you and your kids behind a movement.
Enjoy features including:
- You Can Change the World
- Five Young Activists Who are Changing the World by Rebecca Pitts
- Saving Gorillas One Pie at a Time by Jennifer Buchet
- Water is Life by Christine Graf
- Cookies for a Cause by Christine Graf
- Boyan Slat: The Great Pacific Garbage Patch Kid by Pat Betteley
- Raising Their Voices Against Child Marriage by Christine Graf
- Cao Chung Weighs an Elephant A Play Based on a True Story from China retold by Laura L. Russell
Regular features include High Five, At a Glance, Critter Corner, Where in the World, A Closer Look, Your Turn, Dear Kylie, Art Connection, Say What?, One Last Face, Contest, and a crossword puzzle.