What do you feed your face? This edition of FACES Magazine takes a deep dive into the dishes we eat and how we eat them. From the amazing chemistry behind baking bread to the odd things people put on pizzas, you’ll explore the breakfasts, lunches, and dinners of the world.
Tomatoes, potatoes, and grasshoppers, oh my! From beefless burgers to rice around the world, FACES Magazine serves up history, fun facts, games, articles, recipes, and more. Get to know to best bets at a baseball game and the first fast food in the world. Learn about how some of our favorite snack foods were discovered by accident and take a look at some staples of plates in other countries—such as the Greek Gyrizo and the Columbian Arepas. This edition of FACES Magazine is deliciously insightful!
Enjoy features including:
- You Are What You Eat by Sidney W. Mintz
- Tomato & Potato: International Jetsetters by Jennifer Buchet
- The Gyro: A Sandwich Gone Spiral by Glenda Joy Race
- Accidentally Delicious by Marcia Amidon Lusted
- I’ll Take That to Go by Rebecca Szulhan
- Plastic, Paper, or Plants: Choose Your Straw by Marcia Amidon Lusted
- Grub at the Game by Todd Tuell
- Arepas from Colombia by Viviana Lopez Ruiz
- Meatless Meat by Christine Graf
- The Talking Pot retold by Pat Betteley
Regular features include High Five, At a Glance, Critter Corner, Where in the World, A Closer Look, Your Turn, Dear Kylie, Art Connection, Say What?, One Last Face, Contest, and a crossword puzzle.