Protecting the Earth's Animals
This awesome edition of FACES Magazines allows your kids to have a whole new appreciation for amazing animals around the planet. They’ll get to know some endangered and exotic species and see what the world is doing to help protect them.
Orcas, otters, and oryxes are all in February’s FACES Magazine but for different reasons. Oryxes and orcas are facing dwindling numbers, while otters are crucial to protecting specific habitats. Animals are an essential part of keeping our biosphere balanced so when we run the risk of losing a species, its our job to protect them. Help your kids learn which animals are in danger, and what technology and research is going to help keep them safe. Articles, games, and stories help your kids tackle difficult concepts, while amazing photographs will keep ohhing and ahhing over animals they’ve probably never heard of.
Enjoy features including:
- Eyes in the Skies by Nathalie Alons
- Zoos: Fighting to Save Endangered Species by Christine Graf
- Keystone Heroes by Sonja Cole
- At the Turtle Hospital by Alicia Z. Klepeis
- The Migratory Bird Treaty Act: A Safer World for Birds by Loretta Schumacher Carlson
- All for Animals by Marcia Amidon Lusted
- The J Pod Jinx: Orcas in Peril by Pat Betteley
- Nsue and the Honeyguide retold by Laura L. Russell
Regular features include High Five, At a Glance, Critter Corner, Where in the World, A Closer Look, Your Turn, Dear Kylie, Art Connection, Say What?, One Last Face, Contest, and a crossword puzzle.