Believe it or not, the Rocky Mountains were not named after a famous boxer from the movies. This edition of FACES Magazine rocks you through the Rockies and all the national parks that they reside in.
Get to know the mountain range that stretches 3,00 between New Mexico and Alaska and discover all the secrets that can be found along the way. Discover the birds who reside along the ridges and the dinosaurs who used to call the Rocky Mountains home. Learn what Frozen Dead Guy Days is and get introduced to some of many mountain sports available. Gorgeous photos and detailed maps will make you feel like you’re there.
Enjoy features including:
· Welcome to the Rockies by Christine Graf
· Wild, Wild Weather in the Wild, Wild West by Todd Tuell
· Rocky Mountain Dinos by Pat Betteley
· Rocky Mountain Festivals by Jenna Vandenberg
· Rocky Mountain National Parks: Something for Everyone by Marcia Amidon Lusted
· Hike, Ski, Climb: Sports in the Rocky Mountains by Hayley Kim
· Movin’ On Up! by Albert Garcia
· Taweskare and Tsentsa retold by Pat Betteley
Regular features of FACES Magazine include High Five, At a Glance, Critter Corner, Where in the World, A Closer Look, Your Turn, Dear Kylie, Art Connection, Say What?, One Last Face, Contest, and a crossword puzzle.