EXCAVATING AMENMESES'S TOMB
Do you know who Amenmeses is? In this enlightening edition of DIG Magazine, you and your kids will get to know Ancient Egypt through the stories of this very intriguing royal figure.
Ancient Egypt is known for pyramids, tombs, and hieroglyphs, and DIG will introduce you to all three and more. As you follow the life and death of Amenmeses, you’ll meet Ancient kings and pharaohs, as well as the archeologists and historians who dug them up and determined their histories. As entertaining as any movie, you’ll hear stories of the plots, assassinations, wars, power struggles and more that build and ruined Ancient Egyptian empires. And if you’ve ever wanted to learn a secret language, don’t miss this introduction to hieroglyphs.
Enjoy features including:
- Preparing to Die by Donald P. Ryan
- Meet Amenmeses by Aidan Dodson
- At the Time by Aidan Dodson
- The Afterlife by Angela Murock Hussein
- Let’s Go Inside by Salima Ikram
- Those Who Looked & Dug by Salima Ikram
- The Dig Continues by Salima Ikram
- Tombs in Collision by Kent R. Weeks
- ‘Reading’ the Finds by Salima Ikram
- The Workers by Mary Ann Marazzi
- Excavating a Tomb by Salima Ikram
- The Two Huts by Salima Ikram
- Looking to the Future by Salima Ikram
Regular features of DIG magazine include Five Facts, Map, Fun with Words, Interestingly, The Calliope Chronicles, Fast Forward, Tales It Is, Ask Away!, This & That, Off the Shelf/ On the Net, In the Headlines, The Adventures of Dr. Dig, and Artifacts.