The Lure of Gold
This edition of DIG Magazine is going for the gold – and it’s worth the rush. The allure of gold has had a long and (pardon our pun) rich history. DIG Magazine will give you the full scope of this valuable metal, from what it is to why it’s valuable.
Mystical, magical, mysterious, gold has been the treasure of seekers for centuries. Gold has been a symbol of power, prestige, and worthiness in cultures around the world throughout history including Egypt, South America, North America, Greece, and more. Discover why was gold was chosen as a status symbol when it just as easily could have been any other element. You’ll also dive into the many ways we get gold, from digging to panning to mining to deep-sea diving. Then, travel through history along with gold to see how it’s refined and processed from rocky nuggets to the jewelry we all covet. Complete with games, question & answers, chemistry, cartoons, and more, this edition sets a gold standard for DIG Magazines to come.
Enjoy features including:
- When Greed Rules by Regina Hansen
- What Is It? by Bert Fisher
- The Divine Aspec by Emily Abbink
- Between a Map and a Hard Place by Gordon Grimwade
- Cities of Gold by Diana Childress
- Symbols of the Asante Kingdom by Jeff Karl Kowalski
- San Jose and the Spanish Treasure Fleets by John D. Broadwater
- Pacific Gold by Gordon Grimwade
- Mining through History by Gordon Grimwade
- A Means of Exchange by Louise Chipley Slavicek
- A Roman Gold Mine by Barbara Tratsaert
- Fool’s Gold by Meg Thacher
- Why Gold Rocks by Ellen Seiden
Regular features of DIG magazine include Five Facts, Map, Fun with Words, Interestingly, The Calliope Chronicles, Fast Forward, Tales It Is, Ask Away!, This & That, Off the Shelf/ On the Net, In the Headlines, The Adventures of Dr. Dig, and Artifacts.