The Moche of Peru
Contrary to the popular misconception, Moche is not a delicious blend of coffee and chocolate. The Moche—or Mochias--were one of the advanced civilizations residing in the mountainous area we now call Peru. In this page-turning edition of DIG Magazine, get to know these fascinating people as you and your kids travel back in time and witness some of the amazing accomplishments and feats of technology they developed.
With DIG Magazine, you will adventure into the tombs, through real-life excavation sites, and up hundreds of feet in the air to discover this amazing ancient community from every angle. With comprehensive images of art and architecture, detailed telling’s of stories and religious ideologies, and a larger look at how the Moche practices have influenced our own world, your kids will come away with a much deeper appreciation of an impactful yet often overlooked part of the world’s history.
Enjoy features including:
- Meet the Moche by Luis Jaime Castillo Butters and Santiago Uceda
- Stories in Clay by Jeffrey Quilter
- The North Coast of Peru by Ana Cecilia Mauricio
- A Closer Look by Nino Del-Solar-Velarde and Monica Gabriela Lopez Casaverde
- More Than Just Pieces by Michele Koons
- Channeling the Water by Ari Caramanica
- Boats, Gods, and Sharks by Gabriel Prieto
- Kings & Queens by Luis Muro
- Excavations in San Jose de Moro by Luis Jaime Castillo Butters
- Drones at Work by Luis Jaime Castillo Butters, Fabrizio Servan, and Karla Patroni
- The ‘Pyramids’ by Carlos Rengifo
- A Hero’s Journey by Julio Rucabado-Yong
- What Happened? by Fabrizio Servan and Karla Patroni
- Before and After by Solsire Cusicanqui
Regular features of DIG magazine include Five Facts, Map, Fun with Words, Interestingly, The Calliope Chronicles, Fast Forward, Tales It Is, Ask Away!, This & That, Off the Shelf/ On the Net, In the Headlines, The Adventures of Dr. Dig, and Artifacts.