Cover art by Amy Schimler-Safford
Fables, folk stories, and fairytales, oh my! This edition of CRICKET Magazine is stuffed with stories.
Take the children’s stories you knew and turn them on their heads with new twisted versions of your old favorites. Travel to ancient times, around the world to Japan, and then peek into the future as every story in this edition of CRICKET provides an eye-opening glimpse into another world. Armed with the detailed and sophisticated illustrations, and your own imagination, there’s no place CRICKET won’t take you. Your little buggy friends stick with you the whole time providing helpful hints and fun facts to make sure you understand the whole story.
Enjoy features including:
· The Trials of Patroclus and Pelos by Wendy Warchola
· Not Worth Beans by Teresa Bateman
· Favorite First Sentences from Cricket Readers
· Goofy Mother Goose by Carol Shank
· Princess Piper by Charnan Simon
· The Bow Maker by Robin A. Zimmerman
· Instrumental by Robert Schechter
· Andromeda’s New Brain by Rachel Delaney Craft
· We Are the Geese by Amy Imbody
· The Tanuki-Kettle by Eugie Foster
Regular features of CRICKET Magazine include Letterbox, Cricket Country, Ugly Bird’s Crossbird Puzzle, Cricket League, Cricket and Ladybug, and Old Cricket Says.