CRICKET September 2019
Cover art by Mark Beech
This wonderful edition of CRICKET Magazine explores the worlds of words and water—from crosswording to writing, and from the deep depths of the ocean to the fascinating fish that swim within.
Curl up with your kids and learn a few words of a new language, hear stories from across the globe and back in time, and study some famous writers. Then, meet an undersea illustrator and embark on an exhilarating adventure on the sea. As always, CRICKET Magazine is chock full of amazing art, powerful poetry, and insightful information. From cover to cover, you and your kids will learn, laugh, and love together.
Enjoy features including
- Cliffhanger by Diane L. Burns
- Season of Change by C. L. Clickard
- For the Love of Books by Houshang Moradi Kermani
- A Kind Word About Crosswords by Esther Titus
- Golden Spike by Cynthia Overbeck Bix
- These Syllables Fly by Carol L. Hatfield
- Else Bostelmann: Deep Sea Illustrator by Pamela Tuchscherer
- At the Aquarium by Yvonne Gleason
- Out of the Fog by Tracey E. Fer
Regular features of CRICKET magazine include Letterbox, Cricket Country, Ugly Bird’s Crossbird Puzzle, Cricket League, Cricket and Ladybug, and Old Cricket Says.