Cover art by Stephano Vitale
Courage comes in many forms and this theme runs though the stories of CRICKET Magazine.
Starting with an inspiring story about a hero’s daughter having the courage to find her own power, and moving on to a fable from Somerset, England, and then a fictionalized version the true-life escape during WWII, and a touching story about the courage it takes to part with a good friend. With even more stories, poems, cartoons, and more, your young reader will move through each riveting piece and come out feeling inspired and maybe a little more courageous themselves.
Enjoy features including:
· The Hero’s Daughter by Paul Miller
· Stage Fright by Heather Kinser
· The Wimblestone by Claudia Riiff Finseth
· Don’t Look Out Your Window Tonight by Frederic S. Durbin
· Lights Across the Water by Susan Lendroth
· Favorite First Sentences from CricketReaders2
· A Sky Full of Courage by Jeanne Panek
· Handsome Is . . .by Teresa Bateman
· How to Tell a Frog from a Toad by Beverly McLoughland
· Bigger Than Death by Nancy Etchemendy
Regular features of CRICKET Magazine include Letterbox, Cricket Country, Ugly Bird’s Crossbird Puzzle, Cricket League, Cricket and Ladybug, and Old Cricket Says.