Cover art by Vikki Chu
Cats, Christmas, and crackers are just a few of the surprises in this edition of CRICKET Magazine. Learn about “knocker-uppers” – who would knock on the windows of their customers to wake them up in time for their jobs. They were the first alarm clocks! Enjoy two stories and a poem about cats, and one story and recipe about cracker latkes. An excerpt from The Wind in the Willows inspires your imagination and the corresponding crossword puzzle gets your brain buzzing. Gorgeous illustrations, fun activities and games, and more make this CRICKET Magazine impossible to pass up, or put down.
Enjoy features including:
· The Knocker-Uppers by Carissa Sumner
· Favorite First Sentences from Cricket readers
· Three Wishes by Susan Lendroth
· A Cat’s Midnight Battle by Barbara Johnson-Haddad
· Kicking Hay by Malia Sexton
· The Christmas Day Kitten by James Herriot
· The Miracle Cracker Latkes by Judy Wolfman
· Miracle Latke Recipe by Judy Wolfman
· Dulce Domum by Kenneth Grahame
· The Kobold in the Corner by Lindsay Koch
Regular features of CRICKET Magazine include Letterbox, Cricket Country, Ugly Bird’s Crossbird Puzzle, Cricket League, Cricket and Ladybug, and Old Cricket Says.