CRICKET November-December 2018
Cover art by Olwyn Whelan
Enjoy the bounties autumn brings with this beautiful and unique edition of CRICKET Magazine. You and your children will look at some of the traditions of fall, including Thanksgiving, harvests, Hanukkah, and one very good reason to look forward to snow.
From a Persian folktale to a German historical-fiction, to the real-life tale of a Spanish architect, you and your children will explore stories, poems, songs, and recipes from around the world designed to entertain and educate. There’s also a pun fun-filled Thanksgiving caper designed to tickle your funny bone and flex your detective muscles, a purr-fect kitten’s tale, and the story of Magnus continues, taking a twisty turn!
Enjoy features including:
- How Much Does Steam Cost? by Kelly Morrow
- Thanksgiving by Ivy O. Eastwick
- Nicked Neck by Laird Long
- Harvest Muffins by Leslie Kimmelman
- The Architect and His Donkey by Sue Cowing
- Old English Wassail by Helen Brown
- Moses the Kitten by James Herriot
- Lighting the Menorah by Catherine Young
- Food From the Skies by Janet J. Kosky
- Magnus by Sara Rajan
- Sledding Home by Deda Parker
Regular features of CRICKET magazine include Letterbox, Cricket Country, Ugly Bird’s Crossbird Puzzle, Cricket League, Cricket and Ladybug, and Old Cricket Says.