Cover art by Jui Ishida
Whether you’re dealing with lovely weather or terrible weather, this edition of CRICKET Magazine forecasts fun and facts about weather. Wind, storms, tornados, oh my! CRICKET Magazine is serving up stories, projects, and more all about our seasons, environments, and the elements.
Start by squishing your way through the mudflats—an environment not many people experience but is chock full of interesting and fascinating organisms. Cycle your way through a story about new-fangled invention from 1895 that is commonplace for us today. Get blown away by the true-life adventures of storm chasers and see how good can result from what feels like epic destruction. See how the wind works as you join a hot-air balloon ride and challenge yourself with games, puzzles, activities and more.
Enjoy features including:
· Mo of the Mudflat by Nora Nickum
· Quiet Night by Cheryl L. Nelms
· The Wind in His Mustache by Teresa Bateman
· Storm Chaser by Mary Kay Morel
· Driving by Martha Cooney
· What the Tornado Gave Us by Shelley Holt Campbell
· Project Fu-Goby Tracey E. Fern
· Favorite First Sentences from Cricket Readers
· Trouble in Strange Places by Louise Butler
· Socks by Salinda Tyson
Regular features of CRICKET Magazine include Letterbox, Cricket Country, Ugly Bird’s Crossbird Puzzle, Cricket League, Cricket and Ladybug, and Old Cricket Says.