Cover art by Keith Bendis
Celebrate summer with CRICKET Magazine! Vacations, ice-cream, fireworks, and cicadas are just a few special things that summertime brings.
You’ll start with Val’s story – who feels like she’s an outsider in her own family but ends up a hero, and then meet some real-life furry heroes. Celebrate heroes of all sorts with fireworks and making your own fruity-flavored ice cream. And then get to know some of the more irritating parts of summertime – the bugs that buzz and bite. Chock full of stories that whisk you back in time, sophisticated illustrations and images, games, and activities, it’s like a summer vacation for your brain!
Enjoy features including:
· Seas the Day by Jennifer Mitchell
· Off to the Sea by Goldie Olszynko Gryn
· Lifeguard Dogs Dive In! by Kate Walker
· Fireworks! by Diane ZuHone Shore
· Rowdy to the Rescue by Margie Gray
· Fruity Ice-Cream Blocks by Hodaa Samad
· Is There Nothing To Be Said About Cicadas That Is Kind? by Heidi Bee Roemer
· I Know What Bit You Last Summer by Carlene Vaitones
· The Explorer by Christy Lenzi
· The Star-Spangled Banner by Idella Bodie
· Favorite First Sentences from Cricket readers3
· he Reluctant Fish Footman by Bryan Eid
Regular features of CRICKET Magazine include Letterbox, Cricket Country, Ugly Bird’s Crossbird Puzzle, Cricket League, Cricket and Ladybug, and Old Cricket Says.