Cover art by Rupert Van Wyk
Summer is winding down, but it’s not too late to explore the staples of the season, which is exactly what this edition of CRICKET Magazine does.
Birds, and bees, and baboons—CRICKET Magazine has them all. Find out what Santa Claus does in his off-season, learn about how bee hives work, and enjoy a quiet, charming little poem about a nest. Plus, meet one of America’s first spies and travel to the outback with an Aboriginal story. Gorgeous photos and illustrations, games, history, fiction—Cricket has it all and this edition will keep your kids entertained, engaged, and educated.
Enjoy features including:
· I’ve Got to Hold a WHAT? by Katharine Weeks Folkes
· Santa’s Summer Vacation by J. Patrick Lewis
· Bees, Please! by Stephanie Jackson
· Heinz by Jeannie Meekins
· The Expert by G. G. Russey
· Nest by Charles Ghigna
· Our Lady Josephine by Cicely van Straten
· Patriot in Disguise by Judy Cummings
· The Crow’s Gift of Fire by Kate Walker
· Farming with Fire by Kate Walker
· The Gardener’s Son by Melissa S. Teshe
Regular features of CRICKET Magazine include Letterbox, Cricket Country, Ugly Bird’s Crossbird Puzzle, Cricket League, Cricket and Ladybug, and Old Cricket Says.