CRICKET January 2020
Cover art by Frank Hurley
A little bit of winter doesn’t stop us from traveling around the world as long as we have this edition of CRICKET Magazine. Even though you’ll find plenty of poems about the wonderful world of winter, you’ll also enjoy stories from as far as China and Japan!
As always, CRICKET Magazine opens the door to new worlds and this edition is no different. In fact, this CRICKET takes you to the bottom of the world. Get to know the true story of the Endurance, it’s crew, and their adventures crossing the Antarctic while being endlessly entertained by mythology and fables from China, Japan, and more. With crosswords, cartoons, and poems, you and your children will be smiling from cover to cover.
Enjoy features including
- The Girl in the Windmill by Wendy Nikel
- First Snowflake by Sandi Leibowitz
- Be Careful What You Fish For by Pamela Love
- Three Impossible Tasks by Phillis Gershator
- Tree Bare by Ruth Gilmore Ingulsrud
- Stranded at the Bottom of the World by Sally Lee
- The Last Kirin by Miya Hikari
- Cricket Readers Recommend
- The Hermit’s Secret by Leslie J. Wyatt
Regular features of CRICKET magazine include Letterbox, Cricket Country, Ugly Bird’s Crossbird Puzzle, Cricket League, Cricket and Ladybug, and Old Cricket Says.