Cover by Susan Farrington
Birds, basketball, and bottles are part of the focus of this fascinating edition of CRICKET Magazine.
Tackling some hard topics -- losing a pet, bonding with a parent – with sensitivity and tact, this CRICKET Magazine also provides uplifting stories and poems that speak to your young readers. Enjoy a historically based story on the invention of basketball and a heart-warming story about playing basketball with dad, as well as a look at some of our everyday phrases that found their origins in seafaring speak. The Cricket creatures show up to help explain complex vocabulary or concepts or just add some commentary to the stories.
Enjoy features including:
· Dove Watch by Richard Giannotti
· The Feel of Spring by Goldie Olszynko Gryn
· Professor Naismith’s New Game by Jessica Van Dessel
· Shooting Hoops with Dad by Bruce Black
· Dawn by Candace Pearson
· Message in a Bottle by Susan Dickinson
· Favorite First Sentences from Cricket Readers
· Take It Easy by Janet J. Kosky
· The Galápagos Mermaid by Jean Kuo Lee
· Reflection by Raven Howell
Regular features of CRICKET Magazine include Letterbox, Cricket Country, Ugly Bird’s Crossbird Puzzle, Cricket League, Cricket and Ladybug, and Old Cricket Says.