John James Audubon: This Is for the Birds!
A flock of fun facts about our flying friends can be found in this fascinating COBBLESTONE focused on birds of America.
From the first bird aficionado to modern birdmen, get to know the folks who study birds and what makes these feathered friends so phenomenal. Beautiful pictures showcase some of the most vividly colored birds, while illustrations from field guides help you learn how to spot and track them. You’ll get introduced to at least half a dozen birds that you could see in your own backyard and get up close and personal with some exotic and rare breeds that are not so easy to spot.
Enjoy features including:
- Meet the Audubons by Mark Clemens
- A Bit About Banding by Andrew Matthews
- A Kentucky Menagerie by Laurie Lawlor
- The Making of The Birds of America by Laurie Lawlor
- Birdman! Meet David Allen Sibley by Emily Cambias
- A Special Society by Will Bremen
- On a Mission at Mill Grove: An Interview With Carrie Barron by Kathiann M. Kowalski
- Feathered Friends by Colonel Crow
- Get Outside and Count! by Ebenezer
Regular features of COBBLESTONE magazine include: Did You Know, Going Global, Freeze Frame, Your Letters, Just for Fun, Dr. D’s Mystery Hero, Spotlight On…, Say What? and Cartoon Connection.