Disguises, deceptions, and diversions—welcome to the world of espionage! Prepare for an adventure as this edition of COBBLESTONE Magazine introduces you to real-life spies from history.
From high-tech spy surveillance to a super-secret spy circle called the Culper Ring, you and your kids can travel back in time and see how espionage has provided advantages in battle, revealed underground plans, and helped shape our world. You may be shocked to discover some famous folks were double-agents, learn how communications were coded – and how codes were broken, and learn about all the different agencies who work—often covertly--to protect us.
Enjoy features including:
- The Culper Ring: Covers, Coves, and Codes by Beth Haverkamp Powers
- Civil War Deception by Beth Haverkamp Powers
- Spies in Petticoats by Judith E. Harper and Andrew Matthews
- Code Talkers and Con Men by Barbara Krasner
- Atomic Secrets by Barbara Krasner
- America’s Intelligence Community: National Security vs. Individual Rights by Kathiann M. Kowalski
- Enter a World of Espionage by Kathiann M. Kowalski
Regular features of COBBLESTONE magazine include: Did You Know, Going Global, Freeze Frame, Your Letters, Just For Fun, Dr. D’s Mystery Hero, Spotlight On…, Say What?, and Cartoon Connection.