Cover art by Steve Simon
The concept of protecting our environment may seem relatively new, having become a way of life in random decades. However, environmentalists date back to our Founding Fathers. This edition of COBBLESTONE Magazine introduces you and your children to John Muir, an advocate and protector of natural lands and some of our most famous national parks.
Discover the beauty of some of America’s most iconic parks, valleys, and mountain ranges as you and your children follow the life and efforts of John Muir who worked to protect these wild places. Self-educated and a self-taught naturalist, Muir was soundly ahead of his time with progressive ideas about conservation and environmentalism. As you travel through his history and discover what led to his desire to protect natural habitats, and meet a new generation of conservationists, you’ll find their passion contagious and may be motivated to explore yourself and start or join a movement!
Enjoy features including:
- Young John Muir by Mary Morton Cowan
- A Beautiful Valley by Jerry Miller and Andrew Matthews
- John and Louie by Mary Morton Cowan
- A Great Snowy Range by Cynthia Overbeck Bix
- The Noblest Tree by Andrew Matthews
- Camping With the President by Marion Constantinides
- Muir’s Musings
- The Sierra Club: Continuing Muir’s Mission by Kathiann M. Kowalski
- One More Generation by Kathiann M. Kowals
Regular features of COBBLESTONE magazine include: Did You Know, Going Global, Freeze Frame, Your Letters, Just For Fun, Dr. D’s Mystery Hero, Spotlight On…, Say What?, and Cartoon Connection.