Women Get The Vote!
March is Women’s History Month, so what better time to learn the story of the suffragettes? Dig into the history of the 19th amendment and get to know the people who helped make it a reality with this edition of COBBLESTONE Magazine.
Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony are two of the more popular figureheads of the suffrage movement, but they were among hundreds of voices and contributors who helped make the 19th amendment a reality. Take a deep dive into the people, activities, demonstrations, and programs that led the women obtaining the right to vote as you trace the timeline of women’s rights movements from the late 19th century up through the modern world. Detailed timelines, period photography, infographics, and more complement each story and article, helping to bring the experience of the suffrage movement to life.
Enjoy features including:
- A Call to Action by Howard Mansfield
- A Famous Friendship by Jean McLeod
- A Successful Experiment by Sandra E. Guzzo
- Getting Perspective: Opposing Pictures by Will Bremen
- Zelophehad’s Daughters by Ruth Tenzer Feldman
- Finding Inspiration by Nathalie Alonso
- Deeds, Not Words by Nathalie Alonso
- Tennessee in the Spotlight by Andrew Matthews
- The League of Women Voters Today: Getting Out the Vote—and More by Kathiann M. Kowalsk
Regular features of COBBLESTONE magazine include: Did You Know, Going Global, Freeze Frame, Your Letters, Just for Fun, Dr. D’s Mystery Hero, Spotlight On…, Say What? and Cartoon Connection.