We are familiar with famous inventions that we use every day such as electricity, the automobile, and the television, but have you ever considered the famous inventions we EAT every day? This delicious edition of COBBLESTONE Magazine looks at the way some of our common foods came about.
Trace the history of farming in America and learn about the tools, practices, and technology helped us become first self-sufficient and then to develop large scale farms, growing all sorts of produce for ourselves and even other countries. Then, dig into the most important meal of the day, as you hear the history of cereal and explore the world of meat substitutes. Get to know the people behind some of the most important food-related inventions including the refrigerator, measuring tools, and more. And trace the history of some of our favorite foods including chocolate chip cookies, Coca-Cola, popsicles, and more. And, as always, there are plenty of activities, games, fun facts, and cute cartoons. After this edition of COBBLESTONE Magazine, you’ll never look at anything you eat the same way again!
Enjoy features including:
- Breadbasket to the World by Kathiann M. Kowalski
- From Farm to Table by Marcia Amidon Lusted
- A Healthy Start by Cynthia Overbeck Bix
- Experimenting With Plants, Peanuts, and Ice by Cynthia Overbeck Bix
- Fanny Farmer: Mother of Level Measurements by Mary Morton Cowan
- Famous Food Origins by Mary Morton Cowan
- Keeping It Fresh: An Interview With Kavita Shukla by Meg Chorlian
Regular features of COBBLESTONE magazine include: Did You Know, Going Global, Freeze Frame, Your Letters, Just for Fun, Dr. D’s Mystery Hero, Spotlight On…, Say What? and Cartoon Connection.