It’s Tax History Time!
The topic of taxes doesn’t have to be … err… taxing. Understand the history of the tax system can provide insights into our modern politics and economy.
Travel back in time with COBBLESTONE Magazine to learn how taxes motivated America to become its own nation. Discover the history of the first income tax, the way tax laws work, where our tax money goes, and how taxes played a part in shaping our Constitution. COBBLESTONE Magazine even breaks down the confusing tax brackets and sheds light on how an astronaut got a tax extension from space.
Enjoy features including:
- No Taxation Without Representation! by Eric B. Schultz
- A Tale of Two Rebellions by Andrew Matthews
- It’s an Emergency! The First Income Tax by Will Bremen
- Changing the Constitution by Richard Brownell
- Our Ever-Changing Tax Laws by Kathiann M. Kowalski
- Many Types of Taxes by Kathiann M. Kowalski
- Wacky Taxes by Sonja Cole
- Pros and Cons by Richard Brownell
Regular features of COBBLESTONE magazine include: Did You Know, Going Global, Freeze Frame, Your Letters, Just for Fun, Dr. D’s Mystery Hero, Spotlight On…, Say What? and Cartoon Connection.