Dwight D. Eisenhower
There are pivotal moments in history defined by a single decision or individual. One of the biggest game-changers in American history and our 34th president is Dwight D. Eisenhower. This edition of COBBLESTONE Magazine delves into who this great military strategist was, his biggest successes and strategies, his diplomatic advancements, and the impact his decisions made on the outcome of World War II.
By taking an in-depth view of one influential person during a turbulent time in our history, we get a brand-new perspective of that time period. This edition of COBBLESTONE uncovers the life and history of General Eisenhower, while providing the context of what America was like during his lifetime. You and your kids can trace his experiences from childhood up through his presidency from 1953 to 1961, and even beyond—into his retirement. Each article is supplemented with fun facts, illustrations and photographs, games, cartoons, and more—making learning entertaining and engaging.
Enjoy features including:
- The Boy From Abilene by Marcia Amidon Lusted
- Dwight and Mamie by Marcia Amidon Lusted
- Gaining Experience by Nathalie Alonso
- Supreme Commander by Nathalie Alonso
- The Peace and Prosperity President by Richard Brownell
- Matters of Foreign Policy by Richard Brownell
- Gettysburg: A Place to Call Home by Marcia Amidon Lusted
Regular features of COBBLESTONE magazine include: Did You Know, Going Global, Freeze Frame, Your Letters, Just For Fun, Dr. D’s Mystery Hero, Spotlight On…, Say What?, and Cartoon Connection.