Probe the power of prosthetics! If you’ve ever wondered how artificial limbs are made, you can’t miss this astounding edition of ASK Magazine, focusing on bionic body parts.
Get to know Claire, as well as other kids (and a dolphin) who have all benefitted from artificial limbs as you discover the history of artificial limbs all the way back to Ancient Egypt—where they used to use wood, leather, and even bronze! Then, get a sneak-peek of what technology can bring us in the future of prosthetic body parts, including robotic hands and fake skin that can feel!
Enjoy features including:
- Claire’s Other Leg by Deb Aronson
- A New Tail for Winter
- Building Bionic Bodies by Tracy Vonder Brink
- A Musical Hand by Evan Ackerman
- Helping Robot Hands Say “Ow!” by S. Heather Duncan
- Bionic Bling by Rachel Craft
Regular features of ASK magazine include Nosy News, Nestor’s Dock, Bot’s Mighty Math, Ask Ask, Contest and Letters, and Marvin and Friends.