Hair’s the thing: This edition of ASK Magazine makes hair the mane event.
If you’ve ever wondered why lions have manes, what the world’s hairiest animal is, or how hair grows, this the edition for you. Looking at how human hair works as well as the furry side of manatees and other animals, you and your young learners will learn all sorts of hair-raising fun facts. Travel through history to see hairstyles of the past, discover why people started wearing wigs, and where the mohawk came from. And take a minute to appreciate our not-so-hairy friends with naked mole rat. As always, engaging illustrations and helpful hints keep the information accessible and engaging.
Enjoy features including:
· Mane Attraction by Alison Pearce Stevens
· After the Haircut by Alice Andre-Clark
· Short and Curly, Long and Swirly?
· Hair that Feels by Laura K. Zimmermann
· Hairstyles in History by Harry Wigon
· Why Are Naked Mole Rats Naked?
Regular features of ASK Magazine include Nosy News, Nestor’s Dock, Bot’s Mighty Math, Ask Ask, Contest and Letters, and Marvin and Friends.