Front Cover by Renata Gallio
SPIDER Magazine gets cookin’ and has fun with food! Pizza, pretzels, cake, cookies, brownies, bread… you’ll satisfy your appetite for learning with recipes, articles, activities, poems, and stories all about food.
But SPIDER Magazine goes beyond just cooking and eating. Did you know you can make a necklace out of bread? Or if you just want to eat bread, there’s an amazing recipe for soda bread that you can cook yourself! Learn about the history of pretzels and read a very special story about a very special cake. And if you’re hungry for more, there is a Brown E game and a particular pizza activity.
Enjoy features including:
· Lez ’N’ Dez Make Pizza by Mike Gordon
· Cookie Crush by Rebecca Gardyn Levington
· Bread Beads by Julienne Marlaire
· Stone Soda Bread by Julie Douglas
· Rafferty’s Stone Soda Bread by Julie Douglas
· The Twisted History of the Pretzel by Marilyn Helmer
· Bug Adventure by Michael Chesworth
· Bad Taste by Goldie Olszynko Gryn
· Ramadan Cake by Sara Valafar
Regular features of SPIDER Magazine include: Spider’s Corner, Spider’s Mailbox, Ophelia’s Last Word, Bug Adventure, Buggy Bulletin, The Fun Zone, Mind-Buggler, and Spider and the Gang.