Middle Earth. Maori. The Giant Mao. Where in the world is FACES Magazine this month? Why, in New Zealand, of course. Land of the Kiwis, geysers, rugby, and nose-bumping. Get to know this absolutely charming nation, it’s fascinating history, picturesque landscapes, and 4.5 million people.
In the grand scheme of world nations, New Zealand is on the small size. But you know what they say: big things come in small packages. Get to know the gems and gifts that New Zealand has to offer, from a rich history and vibrant culture, to some of the most jaw-droppingly beautiful locations in the world (even if sometimes they may not smell so beautiful). And who can’t love a land where they offer an annual running of the sheep and their indigenous fruit sports soft fuzz?
Enjoy features including:
- New Zealand: Land of Hobbits . . . and So Much More by Marcia Amidon Lusted
- The First Trip to New Zealand by Deepa Jain
- Running of the Sheep by Gail Skroback Hennessey
- Fuzzy Fruit by Michelle Ulrich
- Living above the Boiling Earth by Gail Jarrow
The Island of Birds by Mary Rudzinski
- The All Blacks: Unlocking the Secrets to Success by Rachel Kehoe
- Searching for Heroes retold by Dean Durber
Regular features include High Five, At a Glance, Critter Corner, Where in the World, A Closer Look, Your Turn, Dear Kylie, Art Connection, Say What?, One Last Face, Contest, and a crossword puzzle.