Journey to Mali
Pack your virtual bags for the adventure of a lifetime as FACES Magazine takes you to the ancient lands of Mali, located in West Africa. From the crazy creatures to majestic mosques, this enthralling country is full of history, tradition, and culture.
Once a vast empire, Mali is now the eighth-largest country in Africa. Get to know the people, places, and wildlife of this intriguing land. From a deep dive into the rich history of Mali to a look at the contemporary music, you’ll find fascinating facts on every page. And try on some Malian culture with a play based on a folktale and a chance to design your own Dogon mask. As always, FACES Magazine is chock full of stunning photographs, engaging games, and more.
Enjoy features including:
- Mali: An Ancient Empire by Christine Graf
- White Gold: The Sahara Salt Trade by Jane Scherer
- The Great Mosque of Djenne by Gail Skroback Hennessey
- Saving Mali’s Migrating Desert Elephants by Colette Weil Parrinello
- Life Behind the Mask: The Dogon by Jacqueline Warner
- The Brave Librarians of Timbuktu by Barbara J. Tuttle
- Mali’s Music: A Universal Language by Marcia Amidon Lusted
- The Richest Man Who Ever Lived by Marcia Amidon Lusted
- Mee-an and the Magic Serpent retold by Pat Betteley
Regular features include High Five, At a Glance, Critter Corner, Where in the World, A Closer Look, Your Turn, Dear Kylie, Art Connection, Say What?, One Last Face, Contest, and a crossword puzzle.