New York! New York!
Start spreading the news! This edition of FACES Magazine features one of the most exciting, vibrant, and diverse cities in the world. It’s the city that never sleeps—and it’s right in our backyard! New York, New York!
Explore the five boroughs, the 840 acres of Central Park, and the close to nine million people that make New York the unique and exuberant place that it is. From oysters to The Wizard of Oz, you’ll explore every aspect of New York City that makes it an icon known around the world. Plus, you’ll discover parts of New York not many people get to see: the stories, history, and culture that is often overlooked and underappreciated. Every story is accompanied by vivacious images that brings this city to life right from the pages in your hand.
Enjoy features including:
- Welcome to the Big Apple by Marcia Amidon Lusted
- From Falafel to Franks by Jennifer Buchet
- Barks on Broadway by Susan Johnston Taylor
- The World is Our Oyster by Barbara Lerman-Golomb
- Exploring the Boroughs of New York City by Marcia Amidon Lusted
- Gems of Grand Central Terminal by Rebecca Szulhan
- Guardians of the Library by Rebecca Szulhan
- Celebrating Black History on Staten Island by Christine Graf
- Riding the Underground Dragon by Emily Goodman Wampumre told by Pat Betteley
Regular features include High Five, At a Glance, Critter Corner, Where in the World, A Closer Look, Your Turn, Dear Kylie, Art Connection, Say What?, One Last Face, Contest, and a crossword puzzle.