Augustus: Rome's First Emperor
Dig Into History November-December 2017
When in Rome… learn about Rome. From architecture to Antony, kids will study aspects of Ancient Rome that don’t get covered in a typical history class! Yes, that’s right - we’re digging into the fun stuff!
The characters, passions, and betrayals of the ancient royal Greeks would top any “reality” TV show we could tune into today. Dig into the stories with this issue of DIG magazine. Get to know Octavius, Caesar, Cleopatra, Antony, Augustus, Livia, Ovid, Virgil, and more to discover family drama the likes of which you’ve probably never encountered. Kids will also tour ancient cities and buildings, discover the art of sculpture, and peek into see what China was up to during the same period of time.
Enjoy features including:
- You’re the one by Angela Murock Hussein
- When Foes Unite by Anthony Hollingsworth
- The Battle That Changed History by Angela Murock Hussein
- All Hail to the Emperor by Justin D. Lyons
- To the North, South, East, and West by Justin D. Lyo
- Not Always a Win by Justin D. Lyons
- A Golden Age by Anthony Hollingsworth
- Meet Livia by Angela Murock Hussein
- Livia’s Magic Garden by Sarah Novak
- At the Same Time in China by Annette Kieser
- The Ara Pacis Augustae by Liz Johnson
- ‘My Achievements’ by Bryan Brinkman
- According to Tacitus by Justin D. Lyons
- In the Headlines by Mark Rose
- Take a Look by Julia
Regular features of DIG magazine include Five Facts, Map, Fun with Words, Interestingly, The Calliope Chronicles, Fast Forward, Tales It Is, Ask Away!, This & That, Off the Shelf/ On the Net, In the Headlines, The Adventures of Dr. Dig, and Artifacts.