CRICKET September 2018
Cover art by Seo Kim
Stories for everyone from everywhere! This edition of CRICKET Magazine travels around the world, collecting beautiful stories and poems from Arizona to Japan to Germany.
Through the stories, games, poems, and more, you and your children will gain deep insights into the culture, history, and customs of new places, both far and near. In addition to traveling to new countries, you and your children will get a glimpse of the past, with stories from the turn of the century and post-World War II. But we’re not forgetting to factor in your fantastical side, too. Don’t miss the adorable story of the Alicorn. You’ll have to read it to discover what an alicorn is!
Enjoy features including:
- Toby’s Alicorn Adventure by Jennifer Shelby
- The Uninvited Houseguests by Pam Bailes
- The Pearl Inside by Julie Angeli
- Beach Glass by Sandi Leibowitz
- Nagano Apples by Tim J. Myers
- Cook Up a Japanese Surprise by Geneva Cobb Iijima
- Food from the Skies by Janet J. Kosky
- Power Outage by Charles Ghigna
- The Holding-On Night by Sheila Kelly Welch
Regular features of CRICKET magazine include Letterbox, Cricket Country, Ugly Bird’s Crossbird Puzzle, Cricket League, Cricket and Ladybug, and Old Cricket Says.