CRICKET October 2019
Cover art by Tiffany England
Magic and dragons and dreams—all the elements of wonder and whimsy are collected in this beautiful and delightful edition of CRICKET Magazine.
As you meet dragons, witches, spirits, talking cows, and other creatures of lore, you and your children will be transported to enchanted realms, fabled countries, and legendary lands. Even real locations become magical in this CRICKET as you visit America through gorgeous illustrations that accompany two girls traveling across country or travel the hills of Ireland with Paddy Ahrens. Heck, even the food is magic as CRICKET teaches you how to make Barmbrack Bread—a fortune telling cake.
Enjoy features including
- The Dragon’s Scales by Pamela Love
- A Dragon’s Dilemma by Ruth Gilmore Ingulsrud
- The Magic Gifts by Sophie Masson
- Yara and the Witch Queen by Rachel Delaney Craft
- Sleep by James Lloyd
- The Pedestrians by Timothy Tocher
- The Tale of Paddy Ahern by Patricia McHugh
- Barmbrack Bread by Elizabeth Pagel-Hogan
- Ghosts by Howard Temperley
- Secret Agent Cows by Ryan Kimble
Regular features of CRICKET magazine include Letterbox, Cricket Country, Ugly Bird’s Crossbird Puzzle, Cricket League, Cricket and Ladybug, and Old Cricket Says.